Thursday, March 26, 2009

MARCH MADNESS

I can't believe it has been more than three weeks since I last posted. Life has been quite a challange this entire month. Spring is in the air and with Spring comes allergy season. Need I say more.

February began with both my boys getting sick, followed by my husband and I. My oldest son, the healthiest of the two, recovered quickly but my youngest had a cough for more than four weeks and by the beginning of March, his asthma was getting worse. Even his inhalers weren't being effective. So off to the doctor we went.

I thought we'd get a new steroidal inhaler for him and he'd be on the road to recovery. Not!!! We were sent home with a nebulizer which we were to use three times a day, Prednisone (a very nasty drug which can make one very moody), and an antibiotic (to fight any bug that may be present in his lungs). Well after two weeks of treatments, I am happy to say, my five year old has recovered - just in time for soccer season. Now we are back to weekly allergy injections again to hopefully ward off any future problems.

Now here I was thinking we were all going to remain healthy. Surprise, my eldest started showing signs of allergies about two weeks ago. What!!! He is my healthy child. It started with his eyes burning and swelling following soccer practice one night and has progressed to sneezing, a runny nose and a nasty cough. It seems he is worse in the evening, following soccer practice. So I finally made the decision to have him screened for allergies. So off we go tomorrow, back to the doctor for the allergy scratch test. Oh, please give me strength....Hopefully, he won't have to have allergy injections. I think two of us getting shots for allergies (my youngest and myself) are enough but what the heck, why not make it a family affair.

Anyhow, I was fortunate to be picked to evaluate a new and exciting product from Artbeads and I was hoping to incorporate it into one of my designs but given the craziness currently in my home, I was unable to create something. So within this next week, I will be evaluating the product on its own. So make sure and check back.